Thursday 19 May 2011

Not the greatest of days...

...but I was happy enough with my selections none the less.

Hacienda travelled well in the early stages of the race, travelling just off the pace. He looked to be going as well as anything about 3 furlongs out and I was beginning to get a bit excited but his challenge fizzled out weakly and he ended up finishing 8th. Not the worst run in the world, but I'll be leaving him alone for a while I think.

Warlu Way was extremely unlucky in running. He travelled like an absolute dream, but got boxed in behind a wall of horses about 2 furlongs out and couldn't find a gap to make his challege. Once he did get in the clear in the final furlong he ran on very well to claim 5th, but the winners were way too far ahead at that stage to challenge strongly. I'll be looking out for his next run with interest.

Onto tomorrow's selection, where I've one horse picked out that I think will run well.

Bath 3.40 - Night Affair - 1pt win @ 12/1 (William Hill)
Night Affair looks primed to run a big race here tomorrow in this 7 runner handicap over 5 and a half furlongs. She loves the track, having recorded 2 of her 3 career wins here. The first of those wins was almost exactly a year ago, over the same course and distance as tomorrow's race. She also encounters the same ground conditions as that race. Night Affair's best results have mainly come in small fields, so tomorrow's 7 runner race will suit her. Her comeback run this season wouldn't inspire confidence, but that race's form is working out very well with 4 subsequent winners coming out of it in the last 14 days. Fitness will be assured for Night Affair tomorrow after that run. Her mark has dropped to 75, the same mark she won off on her last visit to Bath. I would have a bigger bet on her except Collect Art looks to have a huge chance at the weights as well, considering she's officially 4 pounds well in. However, I'm going to have a small punt on what I think is the value bet in the race, Night Affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment